If you’ve been a member of the GPS for Love community you know that normally all of my e-mails start off with “Happy_____Day”
The reason why I start off this way is I’ve learned that you tend to experience in life that which you focus on.
If you wake up, put your feet on the floor and say “It’s a Good Day!” then the majority of the time that is what you are going to experience.
But on the flip side, if you wake up and say, “Today’s gonna suck“, well rest assured, by the time you’re head hits the pillow that night you’re going to see that the day wasn’t one of your better ones.
But what about those times when you wake up thinking it’s going to be a good day and then life throws some stuff at you which brings you down.
And what about those times when you try to stay positive and be happy, but everywhere you turn it seems like the Universe is conspiring against you and it has an agenda to make you’re life as difficult it can be.
And it’s times like these that often make you want to give up. Right?
Well, I’m going though one of those times right now. And it’s really not a lot of fun. In fact, it’s kind of shitty. I won’t go into the details of each thing but these are just some of the things life has been throwing at me and Natalie….
- My good friend’s cancer has returned and he is in a battle for his life
- My wife, Natalie has been struggling with severe “female issues” for almost two years. She’s tried almost everything (Holistically and allopathically) and after meeting with the surgeon yesterday it was confirmed that she has to have surgery in a few weeks and it will be an 8 week recovery. Which means she has to suffer for 3 more months.***FYI…Seeing your wife suffering and not being able to help her feel better is one of the most difficult and challenging experiences for a man.
- Natalie’s mom’s dementia continues to get worse (she doesn’t even know who Natalie is) and the emotional stress of her condition is affecting the whole family, especially Nat’s dad who is having a very hard time coping with it.
- My sister herniated three disks in her back and is in constant pain and doing everything she can to avoid surgery.
- My son is going through a very tough time emotionally due to the lingering effects of being bullied by some of his peers.
- In the span of the last week my mom has experienced swelling in her body, a severe case of sciatica and an intense abdominal pain that caused her to be rushed to the Dr. for an emergency visit.
- And…on top of this…another friend of mine had to bury his three year old daughter the other day.
So, needless to say you can understand why today I’m not feeling too happy.
I share this with you, not to make you feel bad or to get you to feel sorry for me. You see, I’ve been through enough sh*t in my life to know that this is how life works.
There will be times in your life when you go through some times where things appear to really suck, times in your life where your like, “Really God, WTF?”
But what’s most important during these times is to not lose faith. You see, it is faith that is carrying me through this “Divine Storm” and it will be faith that allows me to come though this a better and stronger man.
One of my mentors once told me, “When you ask for strength, God doesn’t give you bigger muscles, he gives you the opportunity to build your muscles.” And it really resonated with me, because the only way muscles grow and get stronger is if you put stress on them.
And I like to believe our faith muscles work the same way.
I must admit that if all of this stuff happened to me 10 years ago I would have been in a few bad place. I would have started numbing myself with food, and I would have been one angry and depressed S.O.B. that wouldn’t have been a pleasure to be around.
Now I’m not saying I don’t have my moments. I do, (you can just ask Natalie) but the difference is I have built my faith muscle and I continue to build it. Because the one thing I’ve learned is that it can never be strong enough.
I’m not one of those individuals who espouses his beliefs on others and to tell you what you “should” do with your life. I’m simply trying to be real and share some of the things I’ve learned on my journey to help you if you are going though a tough time and struggling in your life.
You see, it doesn’t matter if you’re going through a “Divine Storm” in your love life, your career or with your health. It all feels the same emotionally.
I want you to know that you are not alone and you’re not the only one going through some sh*t.
If you face your sh*t head on and you build your faith muscle, you’ll not only get though your struggles, but you’ll come out of it a bigger and better you.
And one day you’ll look back on your “Divine Storm” and you’ll be grateful for it, because you will understand the reason why it happened. You will understand that it didn’t really happen “TO” you, it happened “”FOR” you. You’ll see it as a wake up call from the Universe.
Are You going through a “Divine Storm?” If so, scroll down to the comments section and share what you’re going through, so the other members of the GPS for Love community and I can support you.
Also, I would love it if you would share with us what it is that you do when you are going through the tough times in your life. What are the actual steps and actions you take when life is throwing stuff at you and how do you overcome the adversity when life appears to be kicking your butt?