The Difference Between Being Demanding and Being Unsatisfied

There’s this interesting pattern that I’ve noticed lately. In fact, I’ve had more than a few members of the GPS for  Love community tell me about this pattern and how it was effecting their love life?

What is this pattern?

Well, it’s women who give their hearts to selfish men! It’s women who think that they have to sacrifice and put their own needs on the back burner in order to make their men happy and their relationships work.

It’s such a bunch of bullsh*t and it’s something that breaks my heart. Because in a lot of these relationships, the selfish guys twist things around to criticize the women and make them wrong when the women express how unhappy they are.

Now granted, the way some women express that their needs aren’t being met may come across as demanding or needy ,but in almost every one of these cases, the woman wouldn’t be upset if the man was giving her what she needed in the relationship.

You see, there is a difference between being needy and being unsatisfied.

You’re needy when a guy is giving you his very best and showing you (by his actions) that being with you is a priority in his life and you’re still not happy. It’s when no matter what he says or does, you still find something to complain about or criticize him over.

However, if a guy isn’t making you a priority and showing you (by his actions) that you and your needs are important to him and you call him on it, you’re not being needy or demanding, you’re being unsatisfied!

I wanted to share this with you today because I see so many members of the GPS for Love community questioning and doubting themselves because they have some selfish butt-hole who is unwilling to own the fact that he is the cause of his women’s unhappiness!

We live in a culture that is quick to point the finger and blame others more quickly than it is willing to look in the mirror and take responsibility for ones own actions.

It’s so much easier for a guy to say, “You’re nagging me, nothing I do is ever good enough” than it is for that guy to say, “Maybe the reasons you’re unhappy and criticizing me is because I’m not giving you what you need!”

You see “BOYS” blame women and “MEN” take responsibility when they are not making their women happy!

Just another reason why I recommend you only pursue MEN!

Have you ever been with a guy who broke up with you or who told you he couldn’t make you happy, even though it was him who wasn’t carrying his weight in the relationship?

If so, I’d appreciate it if you would share your experience in the comments, so that the other members of our GPS for Love community can benefit from it.

Have a Blessed Day!

Much Love,
Joe
Please like and share!

11 thoughts on “The Difference Between Being Demanding and Being Unsatisfied

1. Lorrie says:

This article really hit home with me. For several years I stayed in a relationship where I allowed a guy to treat me like a convenience, not a priority. I kept hoping he would see my value. But in the end he just used me and wanted everything to be on his terms. It’s hard to walk away when your self esteem has been damaged. But now I’m so much happier and I know I will never beg to be loved again

2. Julie says:

Ditto Lorrie. I did the same thing and could not understand why I was always made to feel in the wrong – a shattering experience. Just now trying to pick up the pieces and it’s hard when, as you said, your self esteem has been badly damaged.
    Guess it’s just another ‘pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again’ situation but with extra hindsight!

3. Karen says:

Joe, you hit the nail on the head again! I’ve had several of these type of relationships and everyone of them blamed me. In my younger days I bought in, yet felt conflicted because I honestly looked at myself and I wasn’t doing anything wrong. Two years ago I found myself in the same type of relationship again at age 58. Very disheartening. After 13 months, I broke up with him and it was the best thing I’ve ever done. Six months later I met a “MAN” who for the first time in my life, and finally at 60 years old, I feel satisfied! He is the nicest, kindest MAN I’ve ever had, and he wants me to be happy. So, there are MEN out there and it is worth the wait to find each other!

• Thanks for sharing Karen. Hopefully the members of our GPS for Love community can what happens when you give up the good to go for the great.

Just curious as to how you met this wonderful man?

4. Amber says:

I once dated a guy who started treating me like a convenience after a few months of dating. We had decided to be exclusive. I slowly figured out that he wanted a very casual relationship that he didn’t have to invest much in, but he wanted all the perks of a “girlfriend”. Closer toward the end he blew hot and cold, I realized he wanted to keep me a secret from his family, got upset when I asked about joining an event with his friends, didn’t want to take me out anymore. I am ok with cook at home dates but I also expect a man to take me out! Do things outside of the house and put in the thought/effort to plan dates (just as I also plan dates). It doesn’t have to be expensive, there just has to be effort from the other side. A man who is invested will gladly give his attention/effort/ time to a woman he really wants. After a few weeks of wishy washy behavior, I spoke with him calmly and told him I felt like he had been dragging me along for a few weeks. The most frustrating thing was that he would not open up and communicate anything with me. I had tried a few different times before that to get him to open up about things. He couldn’t be vulnerable. Finally, he verbalized that he didn’t want the relationship. I thanked him for being honest and moved on.

Now I am with a man, a grown adult who makes me a priority and I know this because I feel satisfied. He shows it through his actions. He is open to working on the relationship. He freely and happily gives his attention and invests his time. It’s been awesome. I feel secure knowing that anything I bring to the table will be heard and my feelings will be validated. The relationship grows gradually as the trust deepens. It feels healthy.

I’ve been watching your videos for sometime. I found your videos years ago when I realized I needed to learn what TO do to help build a healthy relationship before dating again. Now that I am dating, I am still tuning in.

The information you share should be taught in schools. Thank you Joe.

5. Amber says:

I should add that the relationship lasted about 6 months total. That puts it in perspective a little better.

6. Ines says:

should I phone him or just never see him again ? My psicologist had told me not to mention to him about my doubts but I did and he says its my illness.
    He always says he is a very good person and a very good man a people misstreat him. He has an excellent relationship swith his boss and his second ex-wife.

Please give me your opinion as soon as possible.

• Ines,
      Unfortunately only part of your post was published. I don’t know if it was due to a problem with the blog or a problem with the submission (or both)

In order for me to give you my input I’d need more info (the full comment)

7. Ines says:

Maybe my previous comment was too long and hasn’t appeared in the blog, please tell me if you have received it or if there is a limit of words for the comments

Comments are closed.